Staré_purkrabství_zima1
Staré_purkrabství_zima1
Staré purkrabství_cb
Staré purkrabství_cb
SP_sal
SP_sal
SP_predzahratka
SP_predzahratka
 

The Old Burgrave's House

The Old Burgrave's House is a palace building constructed in the Royal District during the reign of Charles IV in the second half of the 14th century. It was the only palace building in the location and from this era to survive the pillaging by Hussite militia in 1420, probably thanks to its function as the seat of Vyšehrad's master of provisions. The current state of the Old Burgrave's House is a result of a Baroque reconstruction which suited the building to the needs of the Vyšehrad fortress in the 18th century.

A recent substantial renovation of the Old Burgrave's House took place from 2003 to 2005 when an auditorium seating 90 spectators and a café were created in the building.

The Old Burgrave's House for Children (theater for children, arts workshops, events for children)
The Old Burgrave's House offers weekend program for children (mostly on Sundays). If you come for a cultural or creative event for children, you can also enjoy a walk in the park or visit the children's playground.

Ticket reservations:
pokladna@praha-vysehrad.cz

The box office is open one hour before the programme start. 

Admission:
Fairy Tales: Child 80Kč/ Adult 60Kč
Fairy Tales with workshop: Child 90Kč/ Adult 80 Kč
Workshop: Child 60 Kč/ Adult 40 Kč

The programme is in Czech language.
 

Program: Staré purkrabství

Komentovaná vycházka, Bájný Vyšehrad 15.12.2018

14 hodin

Komentovaná vycházka s Ing. arch. Petrem Kučerou

Bájný Vyšehrad – fikce versus realita

V rámci vycházky si připomeneme známé vyšehradské pověsti, například o kněžně Libuši, Šemíkovi a čertových kamenech. Zaměříme se však na jejich věrohodnost a pokusíme se oddělit historickou fikci od reality. Poznáme, jak se význam Vyšehradu měnil v dobových kronikách od Kosmase po Václava Hájka z Libočan. Zjistíme, jak výrazně do všeobecného vnímání Vyšehradu zasáhl Karel IV. nebo čeští vlastenci v 19. století. Odhalíme také fascinující příběh a symboliku Myslbekových sousoší, znázorňujících klíčové výjevy z českých bájí a pověstí.









Začátek na Starém purkrabství
rezervace pokladna@praha-vysehrad.cz
vstupné jednotné 150 Kč

 
Betlém 16.12.2018

15 hodin

Loutkovo – hudební pohádka pro celou rodinu.

Každý ten příběh jistě znáte, už se tady vypráví přes dvě tisíciletí, ale málo kdo mohl být přitom, kdy se ten zázrak stal. My Vás zavedeme do dalekého Betléma, kde ve chlívku mezi ovečkami, kravičkami a jiným dobytkem jsou na slámě jesličky. V jesličkách Jéžíšek a okolo něj ti kteří ho mají rádi. Velká sláva to byla, Andělé pěli písně, dokonce i králové jej navštívili. Ale jednomu králi se narození Ježíška nelíbí. Je to zlý král Herodes a udělá všechno proto, aby se jej zbavil. Jak to s Jéžíškem dopadlo se můžete podívat v našem hudebně-loutkovém Betlémě.








Divadlo Toy Machine
Pohádka vhodná pro děti od 3 let.
Rezervace pokladna@praha-vysehrad.cz

 
Mapa
 
galerie
galerie
galerie_int
galerie_int
galerie
galerie
galerie
galerie

Vyšehrad Gallery

The gallery building is probably a remnant of a guard tower which used to be a part of medieval ramparts constructed during the reign of Charles IV from 1348 to 1350. Alternatively, it could be a part of a palace building of the Royal District from the second half of the 14th century. It is located atop a rock which rises above the so-called Libuše's Bath which is a torso of a guard tower which also served for hauling water as well as cargo transported by the river.

The gallery newly focuses on young and youngest authors while prioritizing painting and related media. Within three years, its program concept aspires to present prominent and interesting artists who are notable for concentrating on a single medium (with crossovers) while modernizing and challenging the medium with various techniques.

Open daily:

November – December 22, March
9:30 am – 5:00 pm 
April – October
9:30 am – 6 pm

Admission 20 CZK

Follow us on Facebook

December 24 - March 3 is closed.

Program: Vyšehrad Gallery

Jakub Čuška: Neverplace 07.12.2018 - 23.12.2018

Jakub Čuska (born in 1989 in Bruntál) - In 2010-2014 he studied at the Faculty of Education in Olomouc, (Department Art Education) but he did not finish his studies. Since 2013, he has been studying at the Academy of Fine Arts in Prague (Painting Studio IV, Prof. Martin Mainer School). He is currently studying in the same studio under the new management (Painting Studio IV / Marek Meduna Schoo). Every year's last exhibition is devoted to the presentation of selected talented students of art college, this year it´s Jakub Čuška. The exhibition is prepared in cooperation with Hlávka Foundation and Academy of Fine Arts in Prague. Curator is Petr Vaňous.

 

Foundation of Josef, Marie and Zdenka Hlávkových is the oldest Czech Foundation. Dr. Josef Hlávka established the foundation in 1904. Josef Hlávka determined the concept of talent in his will and in the foundation charter. The Talent Foundation was the sole heir of all the assets of Josef Hlávka, which was to serve the education of the Czech nation.


 

Mapa
 
cihelná brána
cihelná brána
cihelná brána
cihelná brána
expozice
expozice
expozice
expozice
expozice_CB
expozice_CB

The Brick Gate (Cihelná brána)

The Brick Gate was built in 1841 in Empire style as part of the construction of a new road to Tábor through Vyšehrad on initiative of Karel Chotek, governor of Prague. The gate consists of three passages, one for vehicles, two for pedestrians with guardrooms on sides. At the present day the premises are used as information center and the main entrance to Casemates with multimedia projection of historical development of Vyšehrad.

Vyšehrad as part of Prague's fortification
Modern audiovisual exhibition offers unique excursion in Prague's history. Special 3D model of contemporary Prague shows the development of Vyšehrad in relation to the development of the city and its fortification.

The exhibition consists of two audiovisual presentations. The first projects the development of Prague on the model of contemporary city. The second is projected on the wall and explains in detail the highlighted spots on the model by means of historical reconstructions, pictures and period photos.

Open daily:
January–March, November – December
9:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. 
April – October
9:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. 

Free entrance.

December 24 and 31 will be opened till 1 PM.
Mapa
 
kasematy
kasematy
gorlice
gorlice
gorlice
gorlice
gorlice
gorlice

The Casemates and Gorlice

The complex system of casemates, underground corridors for rapid troop movement came to existence in 17. and 18. centuries during the construction of bastion fortification. Vyšehrad casemates are over 1 km long, the corridors are about 1.5 m wide and 2 m high. The largest of the underground spaces is so called Gorlice a hall comprised of 300 square meters, 13 m high. It used to serve as gathering area for troops and a weapon and food storage in case of military threat. In present day Gorlice houses six original sculptural groups from Charles bridge.

The space was cleared out, reconstructed and made accessible to public in the nineteen nineties. The hall is part of the Casemates tour. It houses six original sculptural groups from Charles bridge:
- St. Bernard with Madonna by M. V. Jackl (1709)
- St. Augustine and St. Nicholas of Torentino (J.B.Kohl, 1708)
- St Adalbert (F.M.Brokoff, 1709)
- St Anne (M.V. Jäckel, 1707)
- St Ludmilla with the Young Wenceslas (M.B.Braun, 1720-24)

Gorlice is used for unconventional exhibitions and theatrical projects during spring and summer.

Open daily:
January–March,November–December 
9:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. 
April – October
9:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. 

Admission (tour of Casemates with guide):
adults 60 CZK
reduced admission 30 CZK
family (2 adults, 2 children) 120 CZK
children up to 6 years free

Last tour 1 hour before closing time.

a visit of more then 10 people
in April - Septebmer period
it is necessary to reserve in advance
kabelikova@praha-vysehrad.cz

December 24 and 31 will be opened till 1 PM.




Mapa

goticka sklep int
goticka sklep int
goticky sklep
goticky sklep

Gothic Cellar

The Gothic cellar is a remain of one of four palace structures built in the area of royal courtyard during the reign of Charles IV. in the second half of the 14. century. The space was most probably used as storage while the first floor, nonexistent at present, housed a dinning hall and a chapel in oriel. The structures at royal courtyard were pillaged and destroyed by Hussite troops in 1420. Their ruins were removed during the construction of Baroque fortress.

The Gothic cellar was reconstructed to house permanent exhibition.

Vyšehrad's historical appearance
The exhibition presents Vyšehrad in its various historical appearances. The oldest items document human activity at Vyšehrad 3 to 4 thousand years BC. Visitors can learn about the changes of Vyšehrad and its purpose in time.

Open daily:
January –March, November–December 
9:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. 
April – October
9:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. 

Admission:
adult 50 CZK
reduced admission 30 CZK
family (2 adults, 2 children) 120 CZK
children up to 6 years free

December 24 and 31 will be opened till 1 PM.
Mapa
 
letní scéna v zimě
letní scéna v zimě
letní scéna
letní scéna
letní scéna v zimě
letní scéna v zimě
letní scéna
letní scéna

Open-air theatre

Open-air theater is located in the area of so called redan, built in 1849–50 as an advanced position for mortar bombardment of the city. It was constructed by Viennese government as a reaction to the suppressed uprising in Prague in June 1848. Similar positions controlling the city were constructed at Klárov and Petřín. Nevertheless they had never been used for the intended purpose and in 1911 they lost their function along with Vyšehrad fortress.

Open-air theater at Vyšehrad located in the fortification of Vyšehrad has been in operation since nineteen nineties. 
Depending on weather it operates from May to September.

Wheelchair access is located at the lower part of the theater under the walls of Vyšehrad. 

Mapa